Good news, neighbors! We have been socially isolating for over a year now, no adult social activities, though with great effort and planning our Muirfield Social Activities Committee, M-SAC, was able to put together a Santa Visit and a Spring Egg Roll for our children and grandchildren.
Before the lockdown we had for adults:
1. A monthly Empty Nester Men’s Lunch, at rotating restaurants in or very near Dublin, organized by Don Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A monthly Women’s Lunch – also at rotating restaurants, organized by Joanne Goza: email@example.com
3. General activities for All Empty Nesters , such as a cave tour; attendance at a play; a home party for Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day or the Derby, concerts and much more, organized by Charlie McDowell and a Committee of creative thinkers: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. A Men’s Breakfast, usually at First Watch, organized by Steve Patton: email@example.com
5. Euchre Club: Currently no openings for monthly play, but they are taking subs. Rotates among homes. Organized by Jackie Miller, Call Jackie at 614.226.6130 if interested in starting as a sub.
Now it is time for those activities to resume! We will of course comply with all CDC and State guidelines. Attendees at meal activities would follow restaurant guidelines, which might split the group into two or three tables of ten. If you have attended in the past, the coordinators have your e-address. If you have changed your email since lockdown or have not been to these but would like to be on the email list to be invited to these, you are welcome to contact the organizer and tell that person of your interest. Please note that for the foreseeable future, only those who mask and who have completed the Covid-19 vaccination [plus the post-vaccination 2-week period for antibody build-up] may attend. And should the pandemic worsen, of course the restart will be delayed.